ARK Group, the North Carolina based developer of the highly anticipated Music Factory Entertainment Center, has announced national restaurant operator Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. (www.r-u-i.com) as the operator of the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th restaurant and entertainment venues signed to open at the new Las Colinas lifestyle center in Irving, TX. RUI will open 7 unique custom created entertainment and food and beverage concepts within the Music Factory. All 7 restaurants will include live music along with unique innovative food and beverage menus custom designed to fit each concept.
“We are confident that our depth of experience and guest-first focus will be the perfect foundation for this multi-restaurant endeavor. The timing is perfect for a project like this in Irving, for both RUI and the community,” said Chris Harter, President and CEO of Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. “Our concepts are custom created for the market and will cater perfectly to the great people of Texas and their love of All-American fare, live entertainment and huge appetite for being with friends.”
“The 7 RUI restaurant concepts have been designed exclusively for the entertainment center and will span from Mediterranean fare to BBQ to West Coast fare. We are excited that another one of the largest restaurant operators in the country has chosen the Music Factory to expand their broad spectrum of restaurants which currently includes more than 21 concepts in 47 locations. They are an extremely experienced operator with a very diverse and unique group of restaurant concepts,” said Noah Lazes, President of the ARK Group.
Details of the 7 restaurants are below:
- Restaurant #1: Texas Kitchen – Made from scratch comfort foods inspired by down home Texas “Old Stove” cooks. Open 24 hours a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A 4000 lb. smoker will be located outside the restaurant smoking brisket, chicken, pork ribs and hot links. Other featured menu items include buttermilk fried chicken, meatloaf & mashed potatoes, chicken & dumplings, green tomato inspired dishes, black-eyed peas and squash casserole. The restaurant will also feature a coffee bar / pastry element for morning commuters on the go. Live country & western musicians will often perform in the evening.
- Restaurant #2: BBQ, Burgers & Blues – Texas Style BBQ with char-broiled hand crafted burgers, wings, hand-cut fries, frito pie and fried pickles. The beverage menu is influenced with an excellent selection of bourbon and rye, along with 20 ice cold regional craft beers on tap. Live Blues will be presented on the indoor performance stage.
- Restaurant #3: Latin Inspired Cantina – Made from scratch red and green chili enchiladas, wood-grilled chicken with tortillas and fresh made salsas. Also served will be incredibly delicious made from scratch margaritas, mojitos, ice cold regional, seasonal craft beers as well as some amazing artisan tequilas. Live Latin-Flamenco and western pop music will be presented.
- Restaurant #4: Oyster / Seafood House – Oysters are front and center with an exhibition oyster bar shucking fresh East and West Coast oysters as well as char-broiling Gulf oysters with garlic-butter and parmesan cheese. A great selection of appetizers including crab cakes, fried oysters, stuffed artichokes and shrimp & grits will be offered. Rounding out the entrée offerings will be gumbo, jambalaya, etouffée and fresh sustainable fish from the grill. The beverage menu will take you to the French Quarter with Hurricanes, Bourbon Milk Punch, Sazerac and the Ramos Gin Fizz. Live zydeco and jazz will be presented on the performance stage.
- Restaurant #5: West Coast Grill & Lounge – Inspired by our Portland City Grill, this menu features dishes like our kung pao calamari, steak tartare, brie stuffed artichoke, fresh seasonal salads, sustainable seafoods and steaks that are dry-aged in our in-house steak aging program, visible from the dining room. There will also be an award winning wine menu. The adjacent lounge features a live pianist performing on a baby grand piano every evening for guests to circle around. Additionally soft live jazz entertainers will perform in the dining room next door.
- Restaurant #6: Martini Lounge and Tapas – Featuring over 30 specialty martinis and up drinks, bottle service, and custom created cocktails… the martini lounge will be the place to be. Live acts and D.J.’s will be presented in the upscale lounge complete with VIP booths and unique stylish decor. Additionally there will be a magnificent fire feature on the outdoor patio.
- Restaurant #7: Mediterranean Wine Bar – Old World and New World Wines featured by the glass or bottle will be in focus. The food menu will feature Mediterranean dishes like char-grilled octopus salad, Catalonian flatbreads, innovative salads, yellowtail carpaccio, cured meats and cheese boards. For those with a little sweet tooth there is a chocolate fondue, pain perdu with champagne grapes and chevre, chocolate pate with raspberries and limoncello granita.
All RUI restaurants will have outdoor dining where guests can enjoy their cuisine of choice under the Texas sky and listen to the live entertainment outdoors on the huge plaza. In addition all breads, pastries and dessert will be baked from scratch by the talents of the in-house pastry team. From the buns in the BBQ concept to the delicious pies and five-layer cakes in the Texas kitchen to the elaborate desserts at the Grill all will be made in an on-site pastry kitchen.
All venues will be open 7 days a week. Additionally, in the spirit of Texas tradition every Sunday you can experience the “Sunday Gospel Brunch” outdoors on the plaza with fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes, meats from our smoker, fresh garden salads, classics like macaroni and potato salads, peach cobbler, pecan pie and red velvet cake.
“We have the atmosphere and menu offerings for everything from a business lunch to a fun specialty outing, and any occasion in between. We’re incredibly excited to be part of this global destination,” said Eric Kelly, RUI Director.
About Restaurants Unlimited, Inc.
Since opening its first successful restaurant in 1968, Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. (RUI) has brought its talent for bringing the finest food to some of the best possible locations across the nation. RUI operates 21 different restaurant brands in 47 locations throughout the U.S. Unique concepts include Portland City Grill, Palisade, Cutters Crabhouse, and Skates on the Bay. Multi-unit brands include Kincaid’s, Palomino Restaurant & Bar, Portland Seafood Company and Stanford’s. The restaurants are located in 11 states, including Alaska and Hawaii. RUI is headquartered in Seattle, Wash. and owned by private equity firm Sun Capital Partners.
About ARK Group
The ARK Group is a multifaceted conglomerate of companies that focuses on multi-use developments that often include an element of public entertainment.
The ARK Group’s family of companies is structured to complement, support and facilitate the projects of each individual company within the conglomerate. Innovative marketing and promotional concepts, sound fiscal management, and an exacting eye for details have been the cornerstones of ARK Group’s continued success.